Click the category to which you wish to see related links:
AEROSPACE NEWS SOURCES (While there are LOTS of news sources available, here is a short list. Click for the CAP NHQ AE quarterly newsletters or CAP NHQ eNews.)
AE TEACHER SITES
- Al the Astronut - While this site has peanut-themed lesson plans in honor of Alabama's Wiregrass area, there are some aerospace links.
- AvKids – A site by National Business Aviation Association (NBAA)
- Bill Nye, the Science Guy
- Discovery Channel School
- Discovery School’s Puzzlemaker
- EduHound – Everything for education
- EduPuppy – Everything for Early Childhood Education
- Federal Aviation Association Education (FAA)
- Frank Potter’s Science Gems – Great links to great science resources
- History of Commercial Aviation – a program by pbs
- Mars website
- National Aeronautic Association (NAA)
- National Coalition for Aviation Education (NCAE)
- Newton’s Apple
- Rubric Resource from Teach-nology (The web portal for educators)
- Scholastic Education’s home page links to sites for students; includes tie-ins with series books such as Magic School Bus.
- Science Learning Network -- a project sponsored by Unisys Corporation, the National Science Foundation, the Franklin Institute, the Science Museum of Boston, the Portland, Oregon Museum of Science and Industry, and the San Francisco Exploratorium.
- SOPHIA - Sophia is an online library of lessons and tutorials in all subjects (not just aerospace-related). Teachers can also create their own lessons and deposit them into libraries the teacher creates. Students can view lessons at anytime from any computer with Internet access. Check out the video that demonstrates how to use Sophia.
- SPACE: A Journey to Our Future - A 12,000 square foot traveling exhibition on the whos, hows, and whys of space exploration sponsored by General Motors,Space Day Foundation and Lockheed Martin.
- StarChild – a learning center for young astronauts.
- The Globe Program - Hands-on education and science program
- The Franklin Institute
- Through The Educator's Reference Desk you can access AskERIC's 2,000+ lesson plans, 3,000+ links to online education information, and 200+ question archive responses.
- Verizon Thinkfinity - a variety of teaching and learning materials
CAP AE REGIONAL PAGES
GOVERNMENT SITES (Click here for NASA.)
NASA SITES (a few of MANY sites of interest)
- Air Force Association
- AMA Academy of Model Aeronautics (homepage) NOTE: Cadets and students under the age of 19 can join for free!
- Aviation Salary, Wages, and Pay
- Challenger Centers - The Challenger Centers are non-profit, international network of facilities and programs founded by the families of the seven crew members of Challenger Flight 51L to continue the crew's educational mission. The Challenger Center uses the theme of space exploration to create positive learning experiences, foster interest in science, math, and technology and to motivate young people to explore and promote science literacy.
- EAA Young Eagles
- NSTA National Science Teacher's Association (homepage)
- Space Camp