(To read more about the free membership, click HERE.)
* Over 30 free K-12 educational products and other online resources (that meet national academic standards of learning and address national STEM initiatives) supplement and enrich the core curriculum.
(To view these products, click HERE.)
* Eligibility to take Teacher Orientation Program (TOP) Flights in CAP airplanes and learn about how to integrate CAP’s AE/STEM products and programs into youth programs.
(To learn about TOP Flights, click HERE.)
* Eligibility to apply for $250 grants to conduct AE/STEM projects with youth.
(Click HERE for information about the grants.)
To receive the complimentary memberships, interested AAS & SW members and the teachers and youth organization leaders with whom they work should go to www.capmembers.com/joinaem.
****** Use Coupon Code ESO to waive the regular $35 for no cost.
****Check “yes” for the Aerospace Education Excellence (AEX) Award
program to receive extra books to use in the STEM Outreach program.
Program Resources for Conducting the STEM Outreach Program:
To view or download associated lesson plans that come with product sets sent to AAS/SW teams:
1- Balsa Airplanes
Click HERE for Primary Balsa Airplane and Associated Lesson Plans
Click HERE for Intermediate Balsa Airplane and Associated Lesson Plans
2- Foam Rockets
Click HERE for Foam Rocket Lesson Plan
Click HERE for Fizzy Rocket Lesson Plan
Click HERE for AeroProp Lesson Plan
NOTE: Lesson Plans include a lot of information for STEM Outreach teams to use as much or as little as they wish for their specific outreach program.
*******To connect AFA Chapters, CAP Units, and ROTC Units which may have AAS/SW teams, click HERE, enter your state, and the links to each organization will appear for each state.
Quick Start for AAS/SW STEM Outreach Program:
* Locate a teacher or youth organization leader who may want to participate in the STEM Outreach program and coordinate time(s) for program implementation.
* Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to order program resources at least two weeks prior to program.
* Contact local AFA chapter for any assistance desired.
Enjoy the experience! Take photos and share with CAP and AFA. NOTE: Ensure students’ photographs are approved for sharing.